When writing fiction, visualising characters is the most important part to me. Characters are almost always the basis of my stories. I got into a habit of trying to recreate their appearance with Cast Cards, used a lot on fanfiction forums.

This blog is simply a celebration of art in images and a way to mentally 'see' people and places featured in my stories. Massive Disclaimer: most (if not all) of the images do not belong to me (I found a lot of them on Google) and I have only used them to create a different artistic view, so all due respect is given to the creator or artist of the images when possible.

Sunday, 22 December 2013

Artist: Destiny Blue

All images belong to Destiny Blue.












^
This one reminds me of Destiny Blue, as in the artist.
I don't know why.
This image isn't a portrait of her but it just - !! does!! 
It just really reminds me of her!!



I have a lot of artists I really like, such as Nene Thomas and Anne Stokes, and Destiny Blue is another one.

I was super-gutted I didn't get to see her at MCM Comic Con (here for more) this past summer, but hopefully I will soon get to buy a print of one of the above pictures, which are my particular favourites. She has many more pictures on her Deviant art:

http://destinyblue.deviantart.com/


The Style

I love how the style is so very anime, but there is something else as well, for example in the picture with the girl with white hair, barcode on her arm, gazing up in the rain - I feel like it has a touch of realism too.

I think what really adds to this is the colours - amazing blends of glowing, swirling tones, it's just completely mesmerising.

I think her artwork is now available for sale online. I hope she gets some licensed merchandise out too. In different areas of my life, people inspire me to get better at a certain skill so that I can inspire others like how I was inspired. Whenever I see Destiny Blue artwork, it really makes me want to learn to draw! Properly!



Star xx

10 comments:

  1. Lindas fotos, muy hermosas, vengo a desearte una muy linda Navidad, son los sinceros deseos del Blog de Boris Estebitan, saludos y felicidad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! Destiny Blue is a wonderful artist. Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  2. Thank you soooo much for charing these artists!
    When I looked at this artists work I felt so amazed by how she combines colors and how touchable they look :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome ^_^ I'm glad it moved you as much as it moved me! I agree that I was drawn by the colours. It's awe-inspiring how Deviant Art draws together a network of breathtaking art. I find so many skilled artists on there but Destiny Blue is my favourite. Thanks for your comment. I hope you had a good Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Oh very amazing artwork absolutely beautiful!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Haha everybody has the same reaction! =D Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  4. Wow, I love it! :) Thank you for sharing!

    P.S. What do you think about following each other via GFC and Bloglovin? I'd totally love it! :) Let me know x
    www.tinasstylesinners.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! I loved this one post on your blog with the galaxy top and like... loafer platform heel-shoes. That was cool. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 Happy New Year to you too. =]

      Delete